Meth detox and rehab can take you on a roller coaster ride. At times, it can feel grueling, yet other moments will be exciting and optimistic. Understanding the stages of meth withdrawal can give you a leg up on getting through all the stages. Knowing what to expect can help you remember that even the worst symptoms you’ll experience will pass, and better times are ahead.
At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, Murrieta, CA residents can participate in our meth addiction treatment programs with confidence and ease. Find out more about meth withdrawal stages and more today when you contact our friendly staff online, or call 833.999.1941.
The 5 Stages of Meth Withdrawal
Ridding your body of the toxins that meth has put into it takes professional care and medical supervision. The symptoms and experiences that people go through in this process happen in five stages. With the right team of medical, psychiatric, and holistic addiction specialists, each stage can be managed safely.
The 5 stages of meth withdrawal are:
- Withdrawal, which may cause highly unpleasant symptoms, including fatigue, low moods, poor sleep, irritability, and difficulty concentrating. This stage lasts from day one to day 15.
- Honeymoon, during which time people feel a boost in energy, mood, confidence, and outlook. The risk during this stage is that people get overly optimistic and attempt to stop rehab at this point, leading to relapse. This stage will last from day 16 to day 45.
- The Wall, a stage when those in recovery are highly vulnerable to relapse. People may experience less energy, lack of interest in activities, poor sleep, and difficulty concentrating. It’s important that at this stage to remember that these symptoms will pass. “The wall” lasts from day 46 to day 120.
- Adjustment, when people tend to finally feel they are “over the hump” of their worst symptoms. This is when people may be returning to work, family, or other activities, adjusting to sober living. This stage lasts from day 121 to day 180.
- Resolution, at which point the person has been sober for six months already. At this stage, people can regularly practice the skills they learned to maintain sobriety and avoid relapse. This is the final stage and lasts from day 180 onward.
The first two weeks of meth recovery will be the most difficult. But with time, and a team of compassionate specialists, you can get through each stage and achieve long-term sobriety. After rehab is completed, recovery isn’t finished. Meth addiction recovery takes a lifetime of choosing sobriety every day. Find out more about meth addiction treatment today, and how you can start choosing yourself every day.
Comprehensive Meth Recovery at Solution Based Treatment & Detox
Solution Based Treatment & Detox offers meth recovery treatment that is comprehensive in every sense of the word. Our compassionate and knowledgeable specialists comprehend the difficulties and nuances of addiction recovery. From the first day of detox through the years to come, our programs and services offer long-term support for permanent recovery.
Those seeking recovery from meth addiction can benefit from the following programs at SBT&D:
- Full medical detox
- Residential treatment
- Men’s and women’s rehab
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Relapse prevention planning
- Sober living classes
Our faith-based and music therapy programs can complement any treatment plan by enabling clients to express themselves artistically and spiritually. As you go through each stage of meth withdrawal, you can feel supported in making choices that secure long-term sobriety.
Find Freedom from Meth Addiction Today at Solution Based Treatment & Detox
Those who use meth, usually start out doing so for the short-term boost in energy and mood it can give them. However, this short-term effect can have life-long impacts, given how addictive meth can be. When you feel trapped in a cycle of needing more meth, using meth, and then still needing more, it can feel like an endless cycle that keeps you from living fully.
Break free today when you reach out to Solution Based Treatment & Detox, where you can participate in treatment programs that build on the decision you make today. When you join our community of sober peers and caring professionals, you will always have someone to back you up in your sobriety. Find out more today online, or call 833.999.1941 to get started.