Nobody wants to confront a loved one about drug addiction. This kind of conversation can be difficult to navigate, as addiction is an emotionally-fraught topic. However, suppose someone is destroying their own life or the lives of others. In that case, it is crucial they are given the opportunity to change and take responsibility. Intervention for drug addiction can help when you reach out to a substance abuse treatment program for help. At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, we offer intervention services for California residents. Find out about our comprehensive substance abuse treatment programs today when you contact us online or call 833.999.1941.
How to Successfully Stage an Intervention for Drug Addiction
When you notice symptoms of drug addiction in a friend or family member, it can be heartbreaking to watch the person go through the cycles of drug abuse. Allowing yourself to feel this way is a good first step, but it’s important to act in ways that support rehabilitation rather than shame or judgment.
Here are some guidelines you can follow if you feel the need to stage an intervention for drug addiction:
- Learn about the person’s addiction. Understanding addiction’s underlying causes and emotional roots can help you navigate conversations and interactions with your loved one.
- Put together a team of people to be at the intervention. It is important to consider whether every friend or family member should be there or not. Interventions are also more successful with an unbiased, professional interventionist.
- Reflect on what you want to communicate and how. Write down how you feel and what you want to say, and don’t be afraid to bring some notes with you to the intervention.
- Choose a setting and time for the intervention. A neutral location and time when the person is less likely to be under the influence can give you better chances of communicating clearly.
- Be kind, open, and respectful. It is difficult to go through drug addiction recovery. Remind them of their strengths and that you are here for them. Don’t come into an intervention with anger or blame.
- Have a backup plan in case the intervention is unsuccessful. Work with an interventionist to discuss potential strategies in case emotional outbursts derail the intervention.
- Have a post-intervention plan in place for where your loved one will go. It’s crucial that your loved one is placed in a substance abuse treatment program quickly to keep the momentum going.
Regardless of the outcome of an intervention, it is vital to continue to support your loved one in their recovery journey. At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, our team is here to offer long-term support for families and their loved ones battling addiction. Find out more about our programs today.
Intervention Services at SBT&D
Solution Based Treatment & Detox provides intervention services for residents of California. Our trained counselors can come to you and help direct or manage an intervention.
Our intervention counselor can provide:
- Direct counseling with the person who needs substance abuse treatment and their family
- A complete outline of the intervention process for families, so they know what to expect
- Family interventions
- Group interventions
- One-on-one interventions
- Guided interventions
With an interventionist guiding the process of getting your loved one into rehab, you can access a wealth of information and resources for substance abuse treatment and care. Solution Based Treatment & Detox offers addiction treatment services for all levels of care needed. Find out more about our evidence-based and holistic treatment options today.
Open the Door To Freedom For a Loved One Today
When addiction has clouded someone’s view of their own worth, it can be difficult to get through to them. At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, we believe every client is deserving and worthy of freedom from addiction, regardless of history or background. Get a loved one started on their way towards freedom today when you reach out to our compassionate team online or call 833.999.1941.