This holiday season is an opportunity to reconnect with family and old friends. For those in recovery from addiction, this time of year may also pose a challenge. Gatherings and parties often feature alcoholic drinks, and invitations to reunite with old drinking buddies might be a temptation.
With good planning and support, however, you can find confidence to enjoy your Christmas without fear of relapse. Solution Based Treatment in Murrieta, California, offers all levels of care to those needing addiction recovery and help with sober living. Our team is here to help you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday season. Therefore, send us a message online today, or call 833.999.1941.
Tips for Enjoying a Sober Christmas
Whatever you do to enjoy Christmas, there’s no need to compromise your sobriety and your hard-earned progress for a couple nights of celebration. Gathering with friends and family may feel awkward or tense at times, especially in the earlier stages of recovery.
While you may not have a plan figured out yet for how to enjoy the holidays, you can at least set some boundaries for yourself and do your best to make it a good Christmas. Staying sober this Christmas is something that you can thank yourself for in the New Year.
When considering how you’ll spend your Christmas this year, you can benefit from the following tips:
- Determine what your intentions will be this Christmas in terms of staying sober, who you will surround yourself with, and where you will spend the holiday.
- Ask yourself how you can arrange to spend time with those who support you in recovery, and reach out to these people in advance.
- Limit the amount of time you will spend around people who drink, and allow yourself to leave if necessary.
- Consider participating in sober activities and gatherings. You can try a holiday hike, ice skating, cooking together, gift swap games, and tree decorating. The objective is to bring laughter into your home without alcohol or substances.
- Stay connected to any program or sober community to which you belong. They are your people, and they are there to cheer you on.
While the holidays can feel lonely, especially with the Covid-19 pandemic making travel more difficult, no one has to spend their holidays truly alone. Reach out to Solution Based Treatment today to find a welcoming community of like-minded and caring people who can support you this Christmas.
Sober Living Programs at SBT&D
At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, we offer a sober living program that provides a full range of services for those in recovery. If you or a loved one is still working to overcome addiction, or working to maintain sobriety, Christmas is an excellent time to find out more about our sober living programs. Our expert team is well-versed in both the medical and psychological aspects of addiction, and our sober living programs reflect this.
Solution Based Treatment & Detox programs include:
- Medically assisted detox in a safe and comfortable setting
- Residential addiction treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual diagnosis programs, which include treatment for co-occurring mental health symptoms
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Art and music programs
- Strong sober community
Giving yourself permanent freedom from addiction will be the best Christmas gift you can give yourself. While not every day will be easy, SBT’s addiction specialists and sober community are here to back you up.
Give Yourself The Gift Of Sobriety
This Christmas, spend the holiday at your best. A short-term high or buzz isn’t worth the long-term consequences of relapse. With Solution Based Treatment’s team on your side, you can approach this year’s end with hope and pride. Our sober living programs are here to keep you on track and solid in your path to long-term recovery. Keep stepping forward this Christmas with us, and reach out today for more information about our sober living programs. You can send us a message online, or call 833.999.1941.