Knowing what kind of treatment program is right for you is not a decision to be taken lightly. Weighing the options can be overwhelming. Ultimately, the course of treatment you decide has to work for you, your life, and your schedule. An outpatient rehab facility can be very beneficial for individuals with a mild substance abuse problem who are serious about getting sober. Outpatient rehab has many benefits, including affordability, maintaining employment, incorporating the family, and letting patients get family support through recovery. At Solution Based Treatment, we are happy to walk you through what to expect from our addiction treatment programs.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient rehab programs come in a variety of formats, different treatment modalities. They offer various services, but the general focus is on counseling, education, and providing a network of support. It is an ideal option for people who are motivated to stop using their substance of choice but require the flexibility of a program that will work around their schedules. This type of program offers drug and alcohol treatment sessions that can be scheduled throughout the week to work with your schedule. This allows clients to be able to meet their existing responsibilities and continue living at home. While the program is very flexible, you are required to check into treatment at allotted times for counseling and medication.
Outpatient rehab is:
- Right for people who do not need 24/7 supervision or who have already completed a medical detox program
- Less costly than inpatient options
- Beneficial because it allows clients to maintain a normal daily routine
- Convenient because clients aren’t removed from their homes
Benefits of Outpatient Rehab
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) may be recommended for those who do not need detox or a residential facility. It can also be the next step after a successful detox. An IOP can enable people to continue their recovery therapy on a part-time yet intensive schedule designed to accommodate their personal and professional lives.
At SBT, our clients sleep in their own homes and complete addiction treatment programs during the day. This setup is best for someone who has already completed inpatient treatment and is already on the road to recovery. Experiencing a relapse doesn’t need to derail your sobriety if you get support from an outpatient treatment center.
The advantages that an IOP offer include the following:
- Patients spend less money on outpatient treatment. Outpatient drug rehab is less expensive because it lacks the residential component. Aside from living arrangements, inpatient and outpatient care offer the same research-backed, expert-led treatment options.
- Recovering in outpatient care allows patients to develop a more extensive network of family and friends who can support their recovery. Patients participating in an IOP continue to attend work or school and live in their own homes. This results in opportunities to connect with people outside our facility. This offers a considerable advantage as it can help people avoid relapse after completing treatment.
- Patients recovering in outpatient care have more autonomy to pursue individual interests outside of our campus. One of the most important pillars in promoting recovery and helping people avoid relapsing is developing new routines, spending time with new people, and gaining diverse experiences. An IOP helps facilitate these recovery-focused behaviors.
Contact SBT to Learn More
With an outpatient program like the IOP offered at Solution Based Treatment, you can continue to live at your own home during the recovery process. You remain in control of your own life. You can still go to work, take care of your family, and begin rebuilding your personal and professional life with the help and support you receive from our program. Most importantly, you have options. In addition to IOP, we offer:
- Drug & alcohol detox
- Residential treatment
- Sober living
- Intervention services
- Partial hospitalization (PHP)
Call our addiction treatment team today at 833.999.1941 to see what treatment option is right for you and get started on your road to recovery.