Men and women face issues with addiction and alcoholism that are unique to them. For women specifically, it can be even more challenging if the trauma that led to their addiction was caused by men. At Solution Based Treatment, we offer gender-responsive treatment led by female counselors who will work with you as part of your rehab. Our structure of women helping women helps clients address their issues surrounding addiction and work to sustain long-term recovery.
Treatment programs specific to men and women can assist in building strong peer relationships in a safe and supportive environment that extends beyond the walls of rehab. Learn more about the women’s rehab program at SBT today by calling 833.999.1941 or completing our online form.
For many women, their substance use starts as a crutch but spirals out of control over time to the point where they are fully dependent on the substance and can’t find their way back. Addiction happens when the brain tells the body that they need to rely on the drug or alcohol to operate. Substance use causes increased dopamine in the brain, which is what creates the euphoric “high.” That feeling of euphoria is what many women use to hide negative thoughts or trauma and keep demons at bay. This temporary escape from reality becomes a more permanent need, leading to an unhealthy dependence and addiction.
Addiction treatment programs are challenging for everyone. Our team at Solution Based Treatment works to understand what each client’s needs are and craft a customized treatment plan that includes therapeutic modalities to suit their gender-specific needs, such as:
- A safe haven – We provide women a place they feel safe and supported to deal with addiction resulting from partner violence or sexual assault.
- Time to focus on what matters – A group comprised of just women can keep the focus on the issues facing women.
- Less tension – In our gender-specific treatment, the dynamic between men and women creates that’s difficult to avoid is eliminated altogether.
- Leading by example – You’ll have the invaluable support and mentorship of peers going through similar experiences.
- Being more inclusive – Women’s addiction treatment tends to be more accepting of other sexual orientations or transgender individuals.
Addiction Treatment for Women at SBT
At SBT, we are a community. Our addiction treatment for women utilizes therapies that help women deal with the past and the issues that led to their substance use and how to achieve recovery and a better quality of daily life. We encourage letting go of all the negative elements that led them to rehab to help create a safe space to recover and leave all the baggage of their life before rehab behind. We value each client – each woman. We put respect, honesty, and ownership into practice among a close-knit group who are all in the same place for the same reason – to truly explore their recovery.
To help addiction treatment for women and the trauma connected to it, we take an integrated approach to treatment based on theory, research, and clinical experience. Our addiction treatment programs include:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Trauma-related addiction
- Nutritional support services
- First responder addiction treatment
Our addiction treatment programs for women provide support for substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and behavioral addictions. Our substance abuse treatment programs include addiction treatment for:
- Prescription drugs
Explore Addiction Treatment for Women at SBT Today
At Solution Based Treatment, we understand that substance use disorders affect men and women differently, and we treat them accordingly. We offer gender-specific treatment programs that are custom designed for both men and women. These programs do not have distractions like mixed-sex programs have, making clients feel more comfortable discussing sensitive subjects.
Contact the caring and professional team at SBT today by calling 833.999.1941 or completing our online form to learn more.