Maintaining sobriety long-term is a struggle for anyone who has gone through addiction. Recovery can last for years, and then life can throw a curveball and put you back at square one with your addiction. While relapse can be frustrating, our understanding of addiction and maintaining long-term sobriety has come a long way over the last decade of research.
Giving yourself a real opportunity for a brighter tomorrow can start with remembering how many people you know who love and care for you, and want the best for you. Along with your friends and family, there is a host of addiction specialists and holistic therapists at Solution Based Treatment & Detox in Murrieta, California. We are committed to giving you the treatment you need to pave the way to long-lasting sobriety. Send us a message online today, or call 833.999.1941 to learn more about our relapse prevention therapy.
Tips for Long-Term Sobriety
Gathering ideas for your long-term sobriety is helpful in making the concept of recovery materialize into a reality. For those seeking long-term freedom from addiction, here are some tried-and-true tips:
- Keep a consistent daily and weekly routine. Without structure to your day, it can become easy to fall into a slump and turn back to old habits.
- Don’t let your ego get too confident or too bruised, depending on how long you’ve maintained sobriety. You are more than your addiction.
- Allow yourself to make changes to your treatment plan as your needs may change. Talk with your friends, family, and addiction specialists regularly.
- Keep yourself grounded in activities that are alternative to drug and alcohol use, and focus on developing other positive habits.
- If you slip up and relapse, allow yourself forgiveness, and try again. Take note of what worked and what didn’t, and ask for help in your next plan of attack.
Even those who have been sober for years can have relapses, as addiction is a life-long disease that requires long-term care. Many of those experiencing addiction are also dealing with mental health diagnoses. It’s important to experience recovery through an individualized and holistic approach at Solution Based Treatment & Detox.
Relapse Prevention at SBT&D
With long-term recovery as our collective goal at Solution Based Treatment & Detox, we make every effort to give all clients their best chances against relapse. Our relapse prevention plans give clients the steady and reliable support they need when they are at their most vulnerable. Clearly, returning home after completing a program can be just one of these vulnerable times.
With Solution Based Treatment & Detox’s team by your side, you can work to reconnect with yourself, your loved ones, and your goals for the future. With relapse prevention, you can work to maintain this outlook and build on your recovery, step by step:
- Develop a relapse prevention plan
- Work on relapse prevention exercises, which can help when experiencing stress or cravings
- Work out a specific treatment plan for your addiction, including alcohol, benzos, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, meth, opioids, and prescription drug addiction
- Consider participation in holistic therapies that offer faith-based and music therapy
- Join a sober living program to maintain access to a strong support network of sober peers and professionals
Getting the right support starts with contacting those committed to your recovery. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help today.
Make it a Sober Tomorrow with SBT&D
The psychological underpinnings of addiction can be difficult to detach from your recovery. Although you may be determined to quit, there can be a number of factors that are holding you back. Look no further than Solution Based Treatment to help you identify ways that you can take back control and live a life free of addiction to substances.
With our multidisciplinary team, you can rest assured that you are with professionals who are nonjudgmental and knowledgeable. Our team can provide a variety of options to clients seeking long-term recovery. Moreover, we would be happy to help you find the right plan for you. Just send us a message online, or call 833.999.1941, to connect with our friendly staff today.