Addiction recovery is a process that will be unique for each person, and no two people’s journeys are the same. With this in mind, learning what causes relapsing after rehab is essential, and how it may be prevented. While traditional rehab has left many people with insufficient resources for maintaining sobriety, relapse prevention therapy can help.
Staying sober after rehab doesn’t have to be a temporary success. With careful planning and support, relapse prevention is possible. Call 833.999.1941 to speak with someone from the caring and compassionate team at Solution Based Treatment & Detox (SBT) about our relapse prevention therapy in California.
Statistics for Rehab and Relapse in California
Understanding the statistics of relapse after rehab can help provide perspective and awareness for those in drug or alcohol rehab. While statistics may look scary, understanding these facts is the first step in finding ways to prevent relapse.
Those who relapse find themselves turning back to drugs or alcohol. The reasons are not always clear, but according to recent studies:
- More than 85% of those who completed treatment reported relapsing within the first year following treatment.
- After completing rehab, most of those who relapse do so within the first few weeks or months.
- Those who do not participate in relapse prevention planning show higher relapse rates and stronger relapse symptoms.
Relapse prevention therapy can offer a smooth “off-ramp” for those exiting a rehab program. With the support of expert clinicians and your friends and family, you can confidently move into the next phase of your life.
Forming a relapse prevention plan allows you to consider environmental, social, and internal triggers and how you will manage them. Those who complete dual diagnosis treatment also benefit from a deeper understanding of maintaining their mental health.
What to Expect from Solution Based Treatment & Detox’s Relapse Prevention Program
At SBT, we want everyone to feel capable of permanent recovery from addiction. If someone has already relapsed, this doesn’t make them incapable of achieving long-term recovery. In fact, having already achieved sobriety should be an encouragement. If you have done it before, you can do it again.
Our relapse prevention program gives clients holistic support, including:
- Relapse prevention plan – A living document that is given upon discharge to provide detailed instructions and guidelines for maintaining sobriety.
- Relapse prevention exercises – Clients can work with a therapist to practice skills and tools to help ease cravings and reduce triggers.
- Aftercare planning and sober living – Getting care during the first weeks and months after rehab can help you get through any difficult lifestyle adjustments.
Whether relapse has happened already or not, anyone seeking addiction recovery can benefit from our specialized addiction recovery services.
Addiction Recovery Services
Our offered services include:
- Medical detox
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Art and music therapy
- Faith-based therapy
If you have already tried one type of treatment and didn’t feel like it “worked,” feel free to try something different. However, trying the same treatment options again may work differently this time around, depending on the approach. You can let our clinicians know what has or hasn’t worked for you in the past and what interests you moving forward.
Don’t Relapse After Rehab—Find Help in California at Solution Based Treatment & Detox
When you have completed rehab, you should have a good idea of what your triggers are and some idea of what you might want to avoid. Getting a solid relapse prevention plan can help you step into sober life with confidence, despite any triggers that may come along. Contact SBT today at 833.999.1941 to learn more about relapse prevention therapy in California. Let’s make relapse a thing of the past.