Addiction is a chronic disease. Managing a chronic disease does not end just because its most debilitating symptoms have been treated. Entering rehab can be scary, but it can also be scary to leave rehab and re-enter society. Sober living is a lifestyle, and it will take some getting used to. You’ve done all the hard work and made it to recovery, so what’s next? There are life skills and specific strategies that can help you stay sober after rehab.
A caring and professional team, top-notch treatment facility, and a high-quality aftercare program can play an important role in helping you achieve lasting sobriety. At Solution Based Treatment, our team of specialists will help guide you to the right treatment and aftercare programs to meet your specific needs. Reach out today at 833.999.1941 and get on the road to sober living today.
What Does Life After Rehab Look Like?
Yes, life does go on after rehab. Your addiction treatment program is just the beginning. It has provided you with the foundation you need for staying sober. Living life as a sober person happens day by day, putting one foot in front of the other. Living fully in the now is a great way to view your recovery. If you can develop that mindset and embrace the program that sustains you in your recovery, you will find you are indeed walking your path.
To remain sober after rehab, you have to have strategies and tools to help you to cope with the complications life puts in your path. This could include things like exposure to violence and unresolved trauma. You need to stay on the path to sobriety by confronting these problems in a mindful, supportive, comfortable environment. Remind yourself each day why you do the work, why you committed to this process in the first place, and why you are grateful.
There are a number of strategies and skills that help people in recovery supported by an aftercare team. Some helpful tips for managing your sobriety after rehab include:
- Find a support group. Whether it’s Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, or another program, 12-step or otherwise, be sure that you have a place to go when you are worried about your sobriety, need support in your journey, or could use a friendly place to land. Never underestimate the power of other people who personally understand your lived experience.
- Set achievable daily goals for yourself, like connecting with a supportive friend, doing a healthy workout or yoga routine, or logging enough hours of sleep.
- Create a schedule. Having goals is great, but setting up a schedule so you can remind yourself and track your progress is just as important. Use a schedule to avoid both boredom (too little to occupy you) or stress (overwhelming or anxiety-producing work or life commitments).
- Pursue sober relationships. It can be challenging to disengage with friends you made while using, but actively engaging with people you know will have your back is an important part of sober living.
- Recognize your triggers. As importantly, learn to avoid them. Whether it’s places, situations, or activities, if they put you at risk of relapse, steer clear.
- Do good. There is compelling evidence that being of service to others enhances the quality of life, increases happiness, and supports health and wellness. Most 12-step programs include service to others as a key component of their program. You can serve meals at a soup kitchen, volunteer at an animal shelter, offer friendship and fellowship to nursing home residents, do mission work through your church, or whatever you find meaningful and inspiring.
Solutions Based Treatment is Invested in Your Recovery
If you have questions or want more information about our detox, rehab, or aftercare programs, we’re ready to talk. Our compassionate, professional team understands the recovery journey very well, and their mission is to support you on yours. Solution Based Treatment understands that sobriety is a journey best traveled together. It takes a lifetime of commitment, and we all need a little support sometimes. Solution Based offers the following programs to help you make the most of your post-treatment experience:
At Solution Based Treatment and Detox, we are more than a drug rehab. We’ve built one of the strongest and most active post-rehab sobriety communities in the nation. A strong sober community will stick with you for the long haul. Come be part of our established and growing sober community. If you’re looking for a better way to maintain sobriety after rehab, call us at 833.999.1941 to learn more about our treatment programs.