While addiction is a problem that affects many people, the root of this problem often is traced back to trauma. Traumatic events and situations are not always easy to talk about. Finding those who understand and are committed to your healing can be an important step in addiction recovery.
With more mental health and addiction specialists who understand these issues available than ever before, you can find help. If you or someone you care about is dealing with addiction, it’s possible they need trauma-informed therapists to help.
At Solution Based Treatment & Detox in Murrieta, California, our team understands the difficulties of processing trauma and beating addiction. Reach out today to find out more about our trauma therapy programs and services for those healing from trauma. Send us a message online, or call 833.999.1941.
Advice for Healing from Trauma
For those who have been through traumatic events, it can be hard not to take these events personally. If you have experienced trauma, you may be asking, “why me?” or “what makes me deserving of this trauma?” While these questions are normal to ask, it’s important to answer them with care and self-love.
To get into a healing mindset, take time to do the following:
- Allow your feelings to come and go, even if they are painful: All feelings are temporary. However, if they are honored and expressed, they can move out of you more quickly.
- Find ways to connect with others and express your feelings in a healthy way: Reach out to family and friends who understand and participate in group therapy and other structured therapies.
- Allow yourself to enjoy activities and practices that provide a healthy outlet to express yourself and connect with others and yourself. You may find music, arts, getting out into nature, physical movement, and journaling to be positive ways to help yourself move forward.
- Be willing and open to ask for help: Your wellness affects those around you, so there will always be people who care and want to help.
It’s important to remember that throughout all the steps it takes to heal, you don’t have to be alone. Even if someone you loved and trusted has hurt you, it’s possible to find those who do care and want you to feel better. At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, our compassionate clinicians offer a range of services that can give you the skills and tools you need to heal.
Trauma Therapy at SBT&D
Getting trauma-informed care in times of crisis and recovery from trauma can make all the difference in healing. At Solution Based Treatment & Detox, our trauma therapy program is offered as part of our residential treatment program. Clients who participate in trauma therapy can benefit from:
- Dual diagnosis treatment for recovery from both trauma and addiction
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Rock to Recovery program
- Building on the Rock, our faith-based program
At SBT&D, we understand that trauma can have a lasting impact that can take years to recover from. When you join our community of caring and like-minded people, you can take the time you need to heal. We understand that healing is not a linear journey. Therefore, we provide relapse prevention plans and alumni services for long-term support.
A Brighter Tomorrow with SBT&D
While trauma may keep you focused on the past, our knowledgeable and empathetic experts at SBT&D can guide you into the future. We know how important it is for anyone to be able to envision a better future. Let us help you and your loved ones to rebuild a life that you can be proud of, and a future you can face without fear. With better insight into your triggers and how you can manage them, you can loosen the grip that trauma and addiction may have on your life.
Give yourself and your loved ones a brighter future by reaching out to Solution Based Treatment & Detox today, through our online form, or calling 833.999.1941.